Friday, January 22, 2010

No sleep till Brooklyn!

Long time in updating this page but I've been busy working working since I got back from Japan. Some things that have happened along the way was my sister had her second daughter, Paige Wesley Caddell! She is absolutely adorable, and her big sister Maddie is just in love with her. Maddie wants to hold Paige 24/7. We are not sure if Paige will feel the need to learn to crawl/walk anytime soon.

Word of advice on grooming, do NOT q-tip your ears....not worth it. I q-tipped my ears aggressively and that combined with the extreme humidity and a flaking piece on my hearing aid caused a massive ear infection. One of the worst pains I've ever felt in my life. Since I only have hearing in one ear, it was very difficult for me. My "good" ear was so swollen I could hear nothing for a week. No birds chirping nothing. A drumset could have been played directly behind me and I would have had no idea. I dealt with it the best I could, it definitely was trying but I knew that if I lost all my hearing then that is what is. More than anything, I think I wanted the pain to go away, I didn't care if my hearing came back or not! So after 7 different medications, 3 doctor's visit, and ER visit, I was okay. Thanks to Dr. Mark Woods at the Hough Ear Institute, he is wonderful.

October I went to visit Katie, one of my UCO friends, in NYC. This was my third time to visit her and her roommate Jessica and my first time to see their new apartment. Jessica had been in NYC the past 3 years and was moving to Florida so Katie needed a new roommate. With some encouragement, I decided to make the jump to New York that I've always wanted to make. Went on several interviews while I was there Oct./Nov., started the job hunt.

The rest of November and December went by super fast. Work at Iron Starr was crazy, record weeks almost every single week.

So here I am in NYC.....moved here on January 19th....looking for a job, counting my pennies (seriously). But really excited and really looking forward to what happens next. Got my iPod out like every other NYer and ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mara! Keep us posted.

    Robert Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting!! Hope you and AGE are doing great.

    ReplyDelete